Monday, February 10, 2020

Focus Counts

I have to admit Valentines day is one I have struggled with through the years. I mean being a single girl with no guy in her life right now it's easy to look at all the posts of happy couples and conclude that I am the last single woman on the planet. Now while even a cursery glance at my friends list tells me otherwise, I still have to fight to not dissolve into a puddle of tears or an ugly jealous person.
Where you chose to focus can makes a huge difference. When I chose to focus on what I don't have it makes me ungrateful and angry. Or I can focus on what God has given me. The family I do have. The friends I have been given. The forgiveness and peace that I have before God. When I choose to look at what I do have, it changes my perspective. I can see the fingerprints of my Loving Heaven Father even in the hardest times. 
This year as I approach another Valentines Day as a single woman, I want to see my life from God's perspective. I want to focus on the many blessings He has given me. I want to focus on growing the relationships that God has placed in my life. I was to look at my life through the lense of grace that I have been given. It makes a huge difference. 
So the next time that you catch yourself wistfully looking at a friend's seemingly perfect life or see an Instagram photo of a happy couple, stop. Take some time to remind yourself of what God has given you. Make a list of some of the blessings He's placed in your life. Remember some of the great friendships He's given you. It beats wallowing in a bad perspective any day of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...