Monday, February 24, 2020

A Grateful Single


Recently I saw a single woman write a post about what she wished she had. She bemoaned her single state. She made a long list of all the things she was missing. 
How many times have I been there? Maybe I haven't posted on Facebook about it, but I too have focused on what I didn't have and bemoaned my lack of a wedding ring.
But is that what God wants me to do? Hasn't He called me to live a life of joyful praise and service to Him? Hasn't He invited me to live dependant on Him and enjoy the life He has given me? Isn't He calling me to live fully alive now, not wait for someday? Hasn't He opened a way for us to live an abundant and full life now? 
We can choose to live life always looking at what we don't have or we can choose to look at what we have been given. We can choose to live in grateful service to God.
Choose to look at the blessings He has given and live a life of gratitude. It's a beautiful thing to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...