Friday, December 20, 2019

I'm Grateful For Christmas Lights


This Christmas has been a wonderful time for reflection and enjoying the good gifts that God has given. 
It's so easy for me to get focused on what I wish I had. Especially at this time of year when there's so many reminders of my single status. I can't tell you how many times I've done things and wished I had a guy to share it with. Or how many times I've seen a happy couple hand in hand strolling along and my heart aches. 
Last night I went to see some Christmas lights with my family. Usually this is the time I start wishing, but last night I didn't. I was grateful. Grateful for a Lover who always walks besides me. Grateful for the eternal hope and light He offers. Grateful for the family that I have to walk with. Grateful that I get to have this time with them. Grateful for fun Christmas light displays. Grateful for God's care.
I praise God that I came home with a light heart. I came home happy in Him. I praise God for the work He is doing in me.
I pray that this Christmas you can reflect on the many good and gracious gifts you have been given. I guarantee you it's a longer list than what you lack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...