Tuesday, June 16, 2020

A Hope Surrendered


I have held onto a hope for a long time. 
A hope of marriage.
A hope that one day a guy would look lovingly into my eyes and cherish me forever.
A hope of a happy home with children.
For years this hope has been deferred. 
For years my heart has been sick.
Recently I listened to what Darlene Diebler Rose did with a hope deferred.
She had a dream of living life with her husband after the war. 
She prayed and asked God for it to happen. 
Instead she received news that her beloved husband had died. 
She cried. 
She prayed. 
And then she surrendered her deferred hope to God. 
It's easy in many ways to surrender to God a fulfilled hope.
When all is smiles and joy, it is easy to gladly give Him the hope we treasure. 
But what do we do with deferred hope?
Hope that seems impossible.
Hope that is making your heart sick.
Hope that leaves a hole in your soul. 
I bring it to God.
I offer it up to Him.
I withhold nothing from the Savior who withholds no good thing from me.
I entrust this hope into His hands.
And in that moment He comes and fills my heart.
He comes and comforts me. 
He heals what has been sick. 
He fills the void. 
Christ is worthy of hopes fulfilled and those that are deferred. 
He is worthy of all.
Let me always surrender all into His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...