Sunday, April 26, 2020

Joy

We started our Church's livestream and I felt an ache. Why? I wanted to be in Church with people. I ache for the time when I can hug people in person.
I was in the middle of working my way up to a great pity party when a verse broke in. Count it all joy my brothers when you encounter trials of various kinds. 
Is this prolonged season of distance fun? No. But can I count it joy? Yes. I can choose as I feel that ache to look to God and know that in the middle of this time He is working this for His glory and my best. When the longing for more connections comes in I can lift that up to Christ and rejoice that He is at work in my life. 
Lord, let me count it all joy when the ache to see people in person comes in. Let me count in all joy when I'm facing uncertainty about job and paychecks. Let me count it all joy when I'm tried of fighting the battle of discouragement and self focus. Let me bring honor to you out of this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...