Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Let God Redeem Your Story


I was going through some notes and found one that simply said you can't redeem your story. Only God can do that. It was dated the fall of 2017. I was dealing with the fallout from the  breakup. I was struggling with so many emotions and mind games. One of the battles I had fought was trying to fix my story. Sitting in the wreckage the temptation was to try and get out of the pain on my own. Fix the problem. Find my own salve for the pain. Write a better ending.
The thing is, only God can write a redemption story. I can't bring about my own healing or restoration. I can't heal myself. But God through the blood of the Son I can be cleansed the sins of my past. The resurrection insures that there is new life. There is healing and redemption, no matter how dark the night. 
I can try to (in my limited understanding and weak capacity) fix my story, but it would never work right. It is only when I hand the pin over that my story can start to be redeemed. For me it didn't happen overnight, but God did it. He has redeemed my story for His glory. My life tells a story of His love, grace, and healing. He has done so much. He has been good to me. He redeemed the story. 
Whatever the wreckage in your life, surrender the pin into the hands of the Master. Let Him redeem your story. He will redeem your story. The joy will be greater than your pain. The redemption will be greater than the wreckage. This is the God we serve. He is able to do far more than we can ask or imagine. So let Him work. Surrender the pin, step back, and see the wonders He unfolds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...