Monday, January 6, 2020

This Moment


Sometimes it's easy to look at what I don't have.
What I wish was mine. 
What others have. 
I can look at photographs capturing something beautiful. 
I can draw conclusions. 
I can compare my life to others. 
I can become depressed. 
I can be sad at what I don't have. 
I can get mad. 
But with God, I can do something different. 
Because of the blood of Christ, I'm empowered to look at these moments differently. 
I can look at my life through the lense of grace. 
I can choose to say that in this moment God is good. 
This moment is a gift. 
In this moment God has been good to me. 
In this moment I can be grateful for what I have. 
In this moment I can rejoice in the Lord. 
In this moment I can praise God. 
In this moment I can look up. 
This is a good gift and one I am thankful for. Anytime that God empowers me to do this, I'm grateful. 
Whatever this moment holds for you, remember that God is all you need. He has given you cause to rejoice in this moment. Take advantage of this moment. Enjoy it. Enjoy God in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...