Tuesday, July 14, 2020

The Weak One

Sometimes I feel so weak.
I want to be an awesome encourager, sold-out God-follower, good friend, and a good daughter.
But so often I reach these pivotal points where I have to make a choice and I see the gap between my abilities and the task at hand.
I feel weak and insufficient to do what He is calling me too. 
That's when He reminds me, "I have chosen you. I'm going to use your weakness to showcase my strength. I'm going to take the weakness of your singleness and use it to display My sufficiency. I'm going to take your heart that trembles and use it to touch others with My love. I'm going to take your words that seem so feeble and use them to build others up. I'm going to take your hands that shake with fear and use them to touch people with My love. I'm going to take the areas that you feel vulnerable and use them to display Me. Will you trust Me in all of this?"
To which I reply, "yes Lord. Take my weakness and fill it with Your strength."
It's then that the amazing happens. He fills me with strength to do that which He has called me to. Now I can step forward (many times with shaky hands) and make the God-honoring choice. I can live the life He has called me to live. He enables me to do what I couldn't do in of myself. 
Today if you are feeling weak and inadequate, Praise God! It's only when we come to the end of ourselves and cry out to Him that His power can flow through us. This is our Christian life. This is who God has made us to be. 
Today are we willing to let go of our self-sufficiency and become dependent on His sufficiency? We cannot to do both. Oh, Beloved let us chose to become Gods weak little lambs that Christs power might be displayed in us.

1 comment:

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...