Thursday, May 31, 2018

In The Middle

"Just keep remembering that you are in the middle of the story."
I've been thinking about my mom's gentle reminder to me from a few weeks ago.
Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in the middle. I do the same things day in and day out not getting any closer (or so it seems) to where I want to be. I see other happy girls posting smiling engagement pictures or beautiful ladies setting up their homes and there's a part of me that really wants to be there. Sometimes I feel like they are getting their dreams and I'm not going much of anywhere. I'm still doing much of the same things I've been doing for months. I'm fighting the same battles within myself. 
There are days I move slower. Days when I feel like the middle of my story is going to damper my spirit. Days when I wonder if I missed the boat or didn't do something right. Days that feel so mundane.
Yet even on the mundane days, God is still calling me. He's still at work even in the middle of the story. He is still here.
So what do you do? On days when you feel like you are in the middle of the story not getting anywhere.
I've been thinking about this the last few days and I've come up with a list.
1. Preach the gospel to yourself. We never graduate from the gospel. Keep remembering the surpassing worth of Christ. Remember His cross. Remember His resurrection.
2. Don't give up on the dreams God gave you. On days when your dreams seem to be buried under a pile of work and  circumstances you can't control, keep believing that God is going to have those dreams come true at the perfect time.
3. Remember that God sees the bigger picture. To Him this isn't wasted time. This is His time. He knows what He is doing in the story and will work it all into the best story ever. Trust Him.
4. Keep moving in the right direction. Even if it seems mundane, keep moving. He's given you a task for today. Do it with all your might giving Him the praise.
5. Take time to do something you haven't done in a while. Do devotions outside. Buy a friend coffee. Go shopping at a new store. Surprise a friend with lunch. Sometimes it helps to break out of your normal routine.
So if you will excuse me I've got some work to do, but I'm happy about it. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rose...I keep thinking about some of the situations going on in my life and your mom's comment about "you're only in the middle of the story" keeps popping back in my head again and again. How gracious we are to have a Father who sends encouragement at the very moment we need it! May God continue to shower you with His grace and mercies, sweet friend. <3

    ReplyDelete

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...