Thursday, May 3, 2018

Sculpting

I didn't get a lot of good sleep last night.  Lots of dreams.  This morning I was moving slow and feeling emotionally down. A good talk with Mom helped but I was still feeling like I was dragging. I finally got out the door and was going to work but there was a huge slow down. I was on the verge of getting impatient and feeling frustrated at traffic.
It was then that I heard the still small voice, " Don't worry. I'm sculpting and molding your character. Just keep going straight ahead."
I got the image of a Potter with a lump of clay on His wheel. That's what I felt like a messed up lump of clay that was in the middle of an overhaul.
But when I look up I see His loving gaze. And I know that He's doing something great. So I can go to work with a smile on my face even though I'm late. I can be nice to customers and encourage those around me. Why? Because even though sometimes I feel like a half-finished mess on my way home becoming His masterpiece. He's still got me and He's still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...