Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Painting

Singleness paints a picture of Christ's sufficiency.
If you are single what picture are you painting?
Each of us takes up a brush at the beginning of the day.
We have paints before us.
Vibrant colors of praise and worship and love.
Deep hues of resentment and resistance and .
We choose.
We can dip our paintbrush into pain and bitterness.
We can dip into selfish tears and cry over what we wish was or what we wish we could change.
We can paint with colors of resistance to our present.
Or we can paint with colors of praise.
We can paint with grace and encouragement.
We can use the gifts that we have been given and honor the One who gave them.
We can use the love that has been lavished on us to paint a picture of His love.
We have a choice before us.
The paint brush is in your hand.
You choose your paint.
The canvas of the day is before you. 
As for me, I want the bright colors of praise and love to paint my day.
Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...