Saturday, June 23, 2018

Waffles and Grace

This morning I had the best of intentions. I was going to make breakfast for my family. I pulled down the waffle maker and started mixing the batter. Then it started smelling like someone was  Burning chocolate in the kitchen. I opened the waffle maker to see that something had been left inside and was now smelling up the whole kitchen. My mom suggested that I stopped using that waffle maker and get the other one. So I did. Then as I was using that waffle maker it stuck to the sides instead of making into waffles. As I was trying to clean up that mess and start over my mom came in and offered to make me some pancakes and to clean up the mess. She knew I had to go to work today and  didn't want me to be late.
Not only that but she made me a pancake in the shape of a bear face. The gesture warmed my heart. It was such a Grace to me. She could have left me to clean up the mess by myself and be late for work, but instead she chose to come in make a great breakfast clean up the mess I had made and show me just how much she cares.
We have all at one time or another received this kind of Grace from God. He comes in and finds us in the middle of making a mess of our lives, our emotions, or our soul. And He gently takes us in His arms and offers to clean up the mess and to make us whole. We can choose how we respond. We can respond by shoving Him away and saying that we can clean it up on our own or we can accept His gracious offer and start to live the life that He designed. It's not easy and it means surrendering your rights to do it your way, but the fruits of doing it God's way are so worth it. Trust Him oh my soul. Trust Him with the mess that you find yourself in. And He will turn it into the greatest evidence of Grace in your life.

2 comments:

  1. God shows grace to us in our lives -- if we'll let Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rose, this is such a good reminder!!

    ReplyDelete

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...