Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Define Good

When is God good?
When is He good to me?
Is He only good when I get a guy?
Is He only good when life is going my way?
Is He only good when I get the raise?
Is He only good when traffic is easy?
Is He only good when my family and I are getting along?
Is He only good when I said the right thing in small group?
Is He only good when I get what I want?
What if we started defining good by God's terms instead of ours?
Isn't He still good when I'm sitting at yet another friends wedding?
Isn't He still good when I'm desiring something that I can't have right now?
Isn't He still good when I am scrolling through Facebook and a friend's newborn baby pictures?
Isn't He still good when I have tears streaming down my cheeks?
Isn't He still good on that hard commute?
Isn't He still good when I am feeling down?
Isn't He still good when I had a bad day at work?
What if I started in all these things I defined good by who God is, not by my circumstances or relationship status? Things change, but God never does. He is still all-powerful. He is still sovereign. He is still faithful. He is still loving. He is still kind. He is still good. His purposes for me have not changed. He is working for His glory and my good. It may not always feel good, but because God is good He has chosen to work inside me to work good in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...