Monday, March 4, 2019

Hope Is Real




Last night I went to Winter Jam. It was so much fun. Jamming out with Mandisa and Danny Gokey was so encouraging. 
I realized how far I've come. Two years ago I was in a relationship and looking more to my own interests than those of Christ or anyone else. Through a shattering of my will, He brought me into a better place. 
But breaking hurts. It's not fun or easy. It wasn't for me. I remember so many time wondering if I would ever be able to not cry when memories came up. I wondered if I would ever feel whole again. I wondered if would be able to go to a wedding without having a pity party. I wondered if I would ever feel truly alive and happy again with no pain or regret. I wondered if I would always feel broken, empty, and full of pain. I knew (and still know) that God was working, but my life seemed to be marked by my brokenness and pain. 
It didn't happen all at once, but over the last year God has done something amazing. He has changed my heart and healed me. He changed my hurt into hope. He transformed my heart. He replaced guilt with grace. He filled the emptiness with His love. Now my life is marked by His love and grace. 
Last night I realized how much He has changed inside me. I went to a wedding and was truly happy for the couple. I feel His presence more. I hear Him more. I see Him at work in so many areas. He's giving me joy and hope. 
There are still times when I struggle and cry. There are still times I fall into old sins and need to repent. I'm human. But He has brought the me so far
Now I am more sure than ever that the night isn't forever. The comeback is real. Our hope is sure. Grace is greater. Joy comes in the morning.
No matter where you are or what you are going through, God is with you. He is still working in you. He is writing a better ending. 
Let's take some time today and praise Him for what He has done, is doing, and will do. Let's praise God that He never leaves us. Let's praise Him for the better ending He is writing. 

Fun side story: the flowers pictured above were delivered to my house on the 13th of February. The note that came with it said, a reminder to find beauty in where you are, a Daughter of God, and the blessings that He gives you everyday! 
Talk about encouraging! They were such a tangible reminder of Gods love. I don't even know who sent them, but they blessed me more than I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...