Tuesday, June 9, 2020

16 Years

I got to watch the sun rise this morning. Today I celebrate being 16 years old in Christ.
As I look back on those years I'm incredibly thankful. At 12 Christ called me to be His own. At 13 or 14 He gave me my calling to be an encourager. Throughout the years He has been growing my faith and maturing me. Even though I went through a time of doubts He kept pursuing me. Through all my stumblings, epiphanies, sins, prayers, and seeking, He has continually drawn me. Even 3 years ago when I was running hard after my own selfish ends, He was there. I felt His hand of conviction. I saw His sustaining grace in the fallout. In the remaking He drew me to Himself. Even in the disappointments of last fall, God remained faithful and good.
Now as I sit here watching the world fill with light, I'm so thankful for who God is and all that He has done. In every moment He has been so good. He has been who He always is. The gracious and compassionate God. Slow to anger. Abounding in love to a thousand generations.
This God has had His hand on my life. I can see His fingerprints everywhere. His breath is in my lungs. His life fills me by the power of Jesus Christ.
Oh praise to God Most High. He rules and reigns forever and ever.
Lord, be exalted in my life. Let everything within me honor and desire You. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...