Monday, May 18, 2020

When My Plans Change

A week ago I found out that the missions trip that I planned to go on was canceled for this year. 
At first I was sad. This was going to be an opportunity to serve God and get out of my comfort zone. It was taken away. I went to God. It was then that He gave me a peace built on this truth: even in your worst disappointment, God is working out a better plan. When my plans crash and burn and I'm sorting through wreakege He is working to create the best plan. He will always give you more than you lost. 
So as I worked to pick through the pieces and deal with my own disappointment, there was a hope that I couldn't shake. It was a hope in God. A hope that He knew this was going to happen and planned the best way to move forward, but it will be exactly what God wants. He will infuse me with His love and strengthen me to do whatever He has called me to do. That is the promise I can bank even in these uncertain times. 
I praise God that He is the Master Planner, The King over all, the Lord over creation, the all-knowing God. He reigns and will accomplish His work. I can rest in that. I can continue in what I know to do and entrust the rest to His matchless care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...