Saturday, May 30, 2020

My Pandemic Story


When I got off work two and a half months ago I had no idea what awaited me. 
I was looking forward to Spring Break and getting a jump start on Simple Seminary. Sure their was concerns abouit this Coronavirus thing, but it would be no big deal right? I had no idea. 
Looking back I can see God's faithfulness. Even when I've had to shred so many plans, or dealt with disappointment, or missed friends, and found it disconcerting how many of my normal routines have been taken away. 
But in the middle of all of this I have found God's hand at work. I've seen growth in Christ that I thought would take years. I've seen God provide for all my needs plus many of my wants. I've been able to spend hours upon hours with God and in Bible study. I've been able to finish projects that I thought would take much longer. I've been blown away by God's goodness and how He is working all things for the very best. It's clarified what's most important.
Monday I go back to work. This time will be done, but I pray that the lessons that God has taught me during this time will carry over into the next season. I pray that I can continue unhurried time with God. I pray that I can continue to do what's important not urgent. I pray that I can continue to spend time with my family and make them feel loved. The big praise in that arena is that the God of today is the same God who will be there tomorrow and Monday. I can trust His hand. He has been and will continue to be faithful.
So as I close this chapter and start another, I'm so grateful for God's hand on my life. I'm so thankful for His sustaining grace. I'm so thankful for the growth He's allowed. I'm so thankful for the family that has walked by my side. I'm so thankful for friendships. I'm so thankful for the Bible study that I've done. I'm so thankful for projects done. And I'm even thankful for Zoom. 
As things go back to a new normal, what's on your thankfulness list? I'd enjoy hearing about them in the comments section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...