Sunday, April 5, 2020

Jesus Has A Plan


Jesus came into Jerusalem on a donkey. He fulfilled scripture and gave hope for a better future. The people, like so many of us today, were looking for a king to make their earthly lives better. They wanted someone to oust the Romans and usher in a glorious reign.
But the True King had a different plan. He wanted to do something far better than just make things better for a few days. He wanted to show us how far His love will go. He wants to change us from the inside out. He wants to clear the path for us to live with Him, not just in this life, but forever!
So many of the people who cheered for Him that day couldn't have even imagined this plan. As it is how often do we imagine this plan? How often do we look at the story only in terms of how it makes life a little better for me or what Jesus can do for me?
I'm so guilty of this. I look at Jesus through the eyes of what He did for me. I read the Bible through the lens of what I can get out of it that day. But what if I started looking at the Bible and Jesus through the lens of His greatness and that His plans are so much greater than I can imagine? The God who would author such a plan to save and redeem rebellious humanity to transform them into loving sons and daughters deserves my worship and praise.
This week I want to focus on how amazing and wonderful He is. I want to remind us of His amazing character and how He lived it out in this last week before His resurrection. Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...