Friday, October 25, 2019

Tell Me I'm Okay


I desperately wanted her to include me in the wedding planning. 
I had just come back to work after my engagement had been broken off. Several ladies at work were preparing to get married. It wasn't like we were good friends, but I really wanted to help. 
For some reason I thought that if they included me in their wedding planning that it would prove that I was okay. It would prove that I wasn't messed up. 
In reality, I was a wreak. I was a very messed up and broken person. I was reeling from the breakup and trying to survive the waves of emotion.
Looking back now I see one thing very clearly. Their inclusion of me would not have fixed what was really wrong with me. I needed God's healing and validation more than I needed someone else to tell me that I was okay. I praise God that He never stopped working. He day by day, moment by moment, tear by tear, worked healing. He reminded me of who I was in Him. He reminded me that He is all I need. 
It's easy for me to think that I need someone to tell me that I'm okay. To ask the opinion of others, or family, instead of going to the God who made me. But ultimately His opinion is the only one that matters. He has already determined my worth on the cross. He has already redeemed my life through His resurrection. He walks with me and validates me. I don't need to seek validation from others. I can seek God in my time of need. I can be raw, honest, and vulnerable. He knows me and will work out His best in me. 
All of this is easier said than done many times. But let's do this together shall we? Instead of going to others let us go to God. Let us trust His love and gain our validation from Him. Ultimately no one else's opinion matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...