Wednesday, December 26, 2018

When You Feel Like You've Blown It

I was reading a book that was encouraging young women not to give their hearts away. Something I am whole heartedly in favor of. 
However for me, statements like this make me sad. I feel like I already gave my heart away to the wrong guy. When I had to take it back it was broken in a million pieces. I feel like I've blown it. I can't undo the past. I can't make my heart new again.  

But God is gracious. He knew that this would happen. He knew I would give my heart to someone who wouldn't keep it. He knew that I couldn't deal with the heartbreak alone. 
So when my heart was broken and I had royally messed up, He came to me. He loved on me. He stood with me every day, comforting me. He covered me with His blood. He forgave me. He picked up the jagged pieces of my heart and reshaped them. He worked healing. He restored my soul. 

Do I wish I could go back in time and take my heart back before it got broken? Oh yes. But praise be to God that He works in us no matter how badly we have blown it. He works healing and restoration in the most broken places of our hearts.

There are things that I will always struggle with and scars that will always be with me. There is damage that I've done that I can't undo. Sadly. But praise God I don't have to live in the guilt and pain. I can have forgiveness even for my worst failures. 

Do you feel like you've blown it? Do you feel like you gave your heart away to the wrong person? Don't give up. Seek God again. Bring Him that hurt and brokenness and let Him work in you wonders that can't be put into words. Let Him fill you again. Let His grace redeem your story. 

No matter where you are, always seek God. He is the will always redeem that which you entrust to Him. 


1 comment:

New Beginnings

Source I enjoy this time of year. I have a few things that I always try to work into the last week of the year. Things like deep...